Through a mix of theory, demonstrations, hands-on and design activities teachers and educators attending the workshop will explore energy use, renewable energy, energy auditing and climate change.
You’ll learn how CERES teaches about energy, explore other energy programs and resources, and have the opportunity to design your own environmental education activity.
Topics covered on the day include:
- Understanding of energy and flows and renewable energy
- Human use of energy and impacts to the environment
- Climate change
- Climate change activism and advocacy
- Energy auditing and simple actions for reducing your carbon footprint
- Community actions and case studies
- Energy activities for schools and community groups
- Creating your own activities and pitching to your audience
This workshop is part of the CERES Environmental Education Course. It is designed for participants to enrol in one-day workshops (professional learning days) or the full eight-week course. It allows us to cater for and share the content with people that are interested in specific topics.