Organisation: Garage Sale Trail
Program: Garage Sale Trail – 20 & 21 October 2018
This program helps schools to participate in the Garage Sale Trail to fundraise with an environmental message.
Connects to the following modules of ResourceSmart Schools: Waste
Accessible to schools in the following Melbourne metropolitan regions: Eastern, Northern and Southern
Appropriate for students in:
Primary – Prep to Grade 2
Primary – Grade 3 to Grade 6
Secondary – Year 7 to Year 10
Secondary – Year 11 to Year 12
What is offered to schools:
By organising communities around Australia to hold garage sales on the same day this program aims to:
- promote re-use
- reduce waste to landfill
- enable new neighbourly connections
- provide a platform for fundraising
- inspire creativity and stimulate local economies.
Schools get support by:
- Registering their garage sale online for people to find.
- Accessing resources on how to run a garage sale.
- Accessing resources to promote their Garage Sale.
- Involving their community.
In 2013, the average school made $1,997 via the Garage Sale Trail day.