Organisation: Do Something!
This program helps people reduce the environmental impact of Australia’s food consumption by becoming more engaged, educated and informed about the food they community eat.
Connects to the following modules of ResourceSmart Schools: Waste
Accessible to schools in the following Melbourne metropolitan regions: Eastern, Northern and Southern
Appropriate for students in:
Primary – Prep to Grade 2
Primary – Grade 3 to Grade 6
Secondary – Year 7 to Year 10
Secondary – Year 11 to Year 12
What is offered to schools:
FoodWise helps schools:
- Encourage their community to buy locally grown produce or grow their own food.
- Reduce food waste in households and the community.
- Reconnect people with the food they eat and the systems the food comes from, including seasonal produce.
The FoodWise website is in the process of being upgraded to provide more school-based resources.
In the meantime, schools can use this website to:
- Educate their students about community about food waste through updated fact sheets – http://www.foodwise.com.au/foodwaste/food-waste-fast-facts/
- Link what students are doing at school with household food waste – http://www.foodwise.com.au/foodwaste/household-food-waste-landing-page/
- Support schools with their food waste systems, like composting – http://www.foodwise.com.au/foodwise-articles/composting-2/
- Support students and families reduce their food waste through recipes, shopping lists and meal planners –http://www.foodwise.com.au/recipe-room/meal-planner/
- Educate their students and community about seasonal produce – http://www.foodwise.com.au/foodwise-articles/seasonal-and-local/