Organisation: CERES Education – Incursions
Program: Do more with LESS
This is a leadership program designed to train students in how to organise and carry out sustainability projects.
Connects to the following modules of ResourceSmart AuSSI Vic: Biodiversity, Energy, Waste, Water
Accessible to schools in the following Melbourne metropolitan regions: Eastern, Northern and Southern
Appropriate for students in:
Primary – Grade 3 to Grade 6
Secondary – Year 7 to Year 10
What is offered to schools:
4 hour workshops – suitable for Grade 3-6 and Years 7-10. Can be used for a student action team training or a class/year level.
These workshops include:
- Action planning
- Inspirational leadership models
- Conducting environmental assessments!
- Workshopping ideas
- Futures mapping
- Students work in small groups to engage with ‘top priorities’ for school sustainability
- Dynamic, engaging and transformative workshops
- Creatively connecting to Earth
- Introduction to Eco-systems thinking
Each class teacher will receive a comprehensive ‘Teacher Resource Pack’ to help the team continue their journey.