Organisation: Banyule City Council
Program: Council services to schools
This program supports sustainability practices in schools and contributes to council’s environment and sustainability goals.
Connects to the following modules of ResourceSmart AuSSI Vic: Core, Biodiversity, Waste
Accessible to schools in the following Melbourne metropolitan regions: Northern
Appropriate for students in:
Primary – Prep to Grade 2,
Primary – Grade 3 to Grade 6
Secondary – Year 7 to Year 10
Secondary – Year 11 to Year 12
What is offered to schools:
- Teacher Environment Network (Kate Grinter)
The Banyule Teacher Environment Network is held 5-6 times a year. Waste and Core Module Support (Margaret Morgan)
- A free 1 hour in-school waste education session to suit the needs of your school.
- eg. waste education van, bin sort activity, waste audits, Rethink Centre, ResourceSmart AuSSI Vic module support
- The Rethink Centre performers are a fee-for-service option for schools in any council area.
Biodiversity Module Support (Kate Grinter)
- Get support with Biodiversity Audits eg. access to GIS satellite maps
- Get local plant recommendations, weed identification information and information about the Wildlife corridor project
Other Awards and Events
- Community Sustainable Awards Program – contact Fleur in Banyule Council’s Environment Department for more information
- Kids Teaching Kids Events – council supported Ivanhoe East PS Kids Teaching Kids Conference in 2013, possibility of helping other schools in 2014