In the area of Energy we have:
· Been involved in the Planet Savers Program.
· Undergone a comprehensive energy audit and completed significant work to improve the school’s energy efficiency.
· Planned and implemented inquiry units in relation to climate change and renewable energies with Years 3 and 4.
· Planned and implemented inquiry units in relation to global sustainability with Years 5 and 6.
· Conducted an excursion to CERES as part of the Year 3-4 renewable energy inquiry.
· Conducted an excursion to CERES as part of the Year 5-6 global sustainability inquiry.
· Shared information with the school community through newsletters, and students and teachers speaking at assemblies.
· Had students develop signage to remind the school community of the need to conserve energy.
· Encouraged students to take ownership of energy conservation through the Junior School Council and their Class Representatives.
· Completed intensive whole-staff professional development.
· Added school data to the School Environment Tracking System and students have been involved in analysing and evaluating the data.
Our parents, students and teachers are understanding that we can all make a difference to environmental sustainability and that any contribution, no matter how small, is helpful and welcome.