In the area of Water we have:
• Entered the World Water Day Competition – our challenge was for the school to use less than 30L of water per person for the day and we met the challenge.
• Entered National Water Day competition.
• Completed aspects of the ‘Water Live it, Learn it’ program with students from Years 1-4.
• Conducted incursions from South East Water personnel.
• Conducted an excursion to CERES as part of the Year 1-2 Water Inquiry Unit.
• Placed buckets under all drinking taps to collect water for plants.
• Installed a water tank for watering the vegetable garden.
• Covered the garden beds with mulch.
• Planted large numbers of drought tolerant plants.
• Encouraged students to take ownership of water conservation through the Junior School Council and their Class Representatives.
• Shared information with the school community through newsletters, and students and teachers speaking at assemblies.
• Had students develop signage to remind the school community of the need to conserve water.
• Completed staff professional development.
• Added school data to the School Environment Tracking System and students have been involved in analysing and evaluating the data.
Our parents, students and teachers are understanding that we can all make a difference to environmental sustainability and that any contribution, no matter how small, is helpful and welcome.