Soap Making for Beginners
Learn to make your own soaps with blends of essential oils, clays and other beneficial ingredients.
Enrol in this workshop and create your very own high-quality natural soap. Whether you’re looking for some skin condition relief or you just want a luxurious, moisturising bar of soap that’s made with your own secret blend of essential oils, clays and other beneficial ingredients you’ll find the “cold process” hands-on method of soap making engaging and fun.
In this workshop you will explore:
- A brief history of soap
- Chemistry of soap making
- Necessary materials and equipment for cold process soap making
- Safety – working with sodium hydroxide
- Choosing oils for your soap
- Benefits of adding and how to add ingredients such as essential oils, creams, milks, scrubs, clays, herbs, spices and botanicals.
- Colouring soap naturally
- How to create layers
- Preparation of your moulds and moulding options
- Cutting, curing and storing your finished soap