Growing Nutrient Dense Food
Grow better quality, nutrient-rich and healthy produce at home – even in small spaces.
This five-hour workshop will introduce you to growing better quality, nutrient-rich produce at home, even if you only have a tiny growing space.
We’ll focus on growing nutritious, bountiful and delicious produce in your home garden in containers, raised beds or in the ground.
When homegrown food is nutrient-dense it naturally tastes better, is better for you and plants are less susceptible to diseases and insects.
This workshop is perfect for people who have had a little bit of experience growing some of their own food and now want to focus on producing and eating high quality, nutrient-dense food from their garden.
The workshop includes:
- Selecting your crops
- Transforming your soil by focusing on the soil food web
- An introduction to soil minerals and going beyond NPK (nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium)
- Creating nutrient-rich composts
- Fertilising your plants for maximum nutrition
- Harvesting and preparing produce to maintain nutrients