Growing Great Tomatoes
Master tomato growing and savour the flavour of Australia’s favourite summer crop.
You’ll learn everything you need to know to get started or improve your tomato growing skills.
Participants will pot up and take home an heirloom tomato plant in this highly practical, hands on workshop covering:
- How to choose which tomato varieties to grow
- Whether to grow from seed or seedling, in pots, raised beds or directly into soil
- When and how to plant and tips for success
- Training growth with stakes, cages or string vs free range
- Pros and cons of pruning and how to do it
- Preventing common problems
- Feeding, crop rotation and more.